I didn’t write the Canine Bill of Rights, but I believe in it and strive to adhere to it.
Canine Bill of Rights
- Dogs have a right to a rich, stimulating environment.
- Dogs have a right to time and attention from a caring owner.
- Dog have a right to effective training procedures. If behavior problems are to be addresses, a competent person must be involved.
- Dogs have a right to ongoing veterinary care, functional analysis and behavioral diagnostics for behavioral problems.
- Dogs have a right to an ongoing education, and the chance to learn new skills.
- We should treat the dogs we love the way we’d like to be treated.
Burch, M.R., and J.S. Bailey. 1999. How Dogs Learn. Wiley. http://esbt.us/4k.